This is the second year that I've volunteered my services to photograph the Big Latch On sponsored by Love You 4Ever Doula Services.
Bridgette does an amazing job organizing this event to bring more awareness to the natural act of breastfeeding our littlest world members.
Aims of the Big Latch On (From www.biglatchon.org)
- Support for communities to identify and grow opportunities to provide ongoing breastfeeding support and promotion.
- Raise awareness of breastfeeding support and knowledge available in communities.
- Help communities positively support breastfeeding in public places.
- Make breastfeeding a normal part of the day-to-day life at a local community level.
- Increase support for women who breastfeed - women are supported by their partners, family and the breastfeeding knowledge that is embedded in their communities.
- Communities have the resources to advocate for coordinated appropriate and accessible breastfeeding support services.
This year day one of the event was held at CuddleBugs Consignment in Queensbury, NY and day two at the Glens Falls Farmer's Market.
www.ymphotography.com | YM Photography | Bolton Landing on Lake George, NY Newborn Photographer